I feel like this is the first time in a while I have not felt very prepared for the holidays! I was so busy training for the Dallas Half Marathon I ran on December 9th, work, and attending holiday parties I haven’t had much time to make some of the homemade gifts I intended to make. Oh well! I guess they will have to be Cheers to 2013 gifts.
Tonight I went to my friend Amy’s house for a “Girls Night In” holiday get together before we all go our separate ways for the holidays. There’s nothing like breaking up a busy work week with a fun get together on Hump Day!
Amy made yummy chicken tortilla soup and holiday sangria and asked all the girls to bring an appetizer or dessert. I was super busy today, but picked up some popcorn and white chocolate chips for Snowman Poop. This is the easiest treat EVER to make and the sweet and salty taste is delish! I got this recipe from my awesome new sister-in-law Lauren who brought it to a holiday cocktail party I hosted a few years ago. She got this recipe from her sponsor on her high school dance team and continues to pass it on!
For Snowman Poop you’ll need:
– 1 bag white chocolate chips
– 1 bag popcorn
– Christmas sprinkles if you wish
– Parchment or wax paper
– Pop the popcorn according to directions. Put the popcorn in a large bowl, ensuring un-popped kernels are removed.
– Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave in a bowl or stovetop (do not overcook, just enough that they are melted) in a sauce pan.
– Pour the melted chocolate over top of the popcorn and stir to coat.
– Pour the coated popcorn onto a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper. Spread out evenly and let cool. Break apart into smaller pieces if needed and transfer into your favorite serving dish or Christmas tin!
I added Christmasy sprinkles before the white chocolate cooled.